Tuesday, July 6, 2010

4th of July

This past weekend we got to go to Camp for the first time this year. It was our second trip camping this season (post on the first one is coming), this was definitely more relaxing for us though. Each year as the kids get a little bit older, it gets a little better to explore the outdoors with them. Thanks dad and Jenn for the weekend!



The girls and Landon were so excited to go fishing. Everything about us though drive the fish away, so we never actually caught any fish, but we had fun trying, apparently we are just not sneaky enough.

love this pic of my boys being so patient together

Hannah was actually the most patient of everyone, I so badly wanted for her to catch a fish...we even said a little prayer....is that wrong??? To pray to trick one of God's creatures into biting the bait so we can reel it in and kill it to cook it?? Apparently so, because the prayer was left unanswered!

Hannah demos what she caught...her finger, OUCH!

How many fish have we caught?!?!

Camping is fun, but getting this guy to pipe down at the end of the day is NOT!!! This took some serious work. I even had to sacrifice the coveted "yellow".... BTW...Landon managed to pee in three sleeping bags while camping, thanks Buddy!

These cute girls just had a nice hot shower and are finally clean.



Hannah learned how to play Scrabble, War and Speed on this trip. I'm not gonna lie, she beat me at Scrabble, and apparently I hold in all my PC game playing skills all week, cause I let em loose on the weekend, BOOO-YA!

~Happy 4th of July~


enjoying a little beach time with the fam

love those BIG blue eyes!




Grace could not go fish without her "fishing hat"


The ride home was kind of wild, we went and checked out a new cam site, Salt Springs Resort....FYI: NO way, it was not a resort and was totally creepy! Thanks honey for the trip though!



I know the last pic is blurry but I love it anyways.
We had such a great weekend, the kids were well behaved we ate crazy yummy gooood food, and got to sleep outside. What more could we ask for??? To go again this weekend!!!

2 comments:

The Aussie and the Owl said...

Looks like lots of fun (and lots of dirt!) :) The first pic with Grace looks like she has an eye patch. Can't wait to check out your camp!

Sanchez Family said...

oh how fun! I can't wait to hear more about the Underwood camping adventures!! oxoxox