Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Friday

We have had many BIG days in the life we have shared together....engagement, wedding, temple sealing, baby 1, baby 2 and baby 3, and yet this one doesn't sound quite as fun as the others. Friday is surgery day, after several months of tests, needles, invasive procedures (picture seeing your insides on a 72 inch HD plasma, no good), our fabulous doctor decided it was time to take out part of my pancreas. We still do not have a definitive diagnosis yet as to what "it" is that has taken up home in my pancreas, and for that reason it needs to go.
As freaked out as I can be at times, overall I feel a peacefulness that this is what needs to happen, and that Heavenly Father is truly leading this path.
In my moments of panic, I rely on my kids who fill my heart beyond belief or measure. They are amazing in ways that I can not describe. We have prepared as much as we can and look forward to moving on and putting this in the past.
The out pour of love and support has been overwhelming. My gratitude is far greater than my fear. Through this trial we have endured, we have learned how to unite as a family, rely on our higher maker and learned the innate good in so many people.
Surgery is at 730 Friday am. Scott will update the blog throughout the day, in lew of fielding a bunch of phone calls. That night I will be in ICU and hopefully in a regular bed by Saturday. I anticipate lots of pain, and look forward to the spinal tap with meds freely flowing. If all goes well I will be home within in 7-10days. Please keep our family your prayers, they truly work.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

Love you friend and so glad that this in time be in the past for you. Your humor and positive attitude work wonders in crisis and I am glad to be your bestie.

Anonymous said...

Kim you inspire me and countless others. You are an amazing person who has created an amazing family. Love you and am keeping you in my thougths and prayers all day!