Sunday, December 19, 2010

Power of Faith and Prayer

Being that it is Sunday and the day of the Lord, I feel a strong need to share some of my feelings that I have had over the last few months. We started this journey in August and was not sure where it would lead us. Through that journey I have seen and felt blessings along the way. Although surgery was still the outcome. I feel many of the burdens lifted and felt much peace over the last couple of months. I was reading Alma and came across chapter 5 verse 13..."And they humbled themselves and put their trust in the true and living God they were faithful until the end....." This scripture really overwhelmed me when I read it. For the first time in my life this was something I had no control over and could never change. From that moment I put all my faith and prayer into the Lord. Since then I have seen the Lord's hand and blessing in our life. We have had friends come through and step up to help us in every area of our life. The ward family has truly been supportive through all this. The most I have gotten from this trial is Love that Heavenly Father has for each of us. I have given many blessings to Kim and through those blessing, I felt the love of the savior.My testimony of priesthood has increased. I cannot even express into words the love of the savior that I have felt through giving those blessings,My faith has been strengthened through this trial. The day before the surgery Kim and I both received blessing the spirit was very strong. It kept me calm through the whole surgery. I received my answer and know she is coming home. I may not know when, but I know she will be home.

Everyone has obstacles and trials in their life. We cannot change them, but if you/we turn to the Lord in complete faith ands sincere humility, He will carry us through our pain and lighten our loads as we suffer and deal with obstacles in our life. I promise you that if you will put your faith in the Lord, he to can help you through all you need. He is always there just waiting for us to turn to him. I testify that Christ lives and loves each one of us. There is nothing in our lives that we cannot conquer we if turn to Heavenly Father. I cannot imagine how we would have made it this farwithout Him. It has been through the power of faith and prayer that has helped our family this trying time.

1 comment:

Lorilee said...

You guys are amazing and inspiring and we love you. I seriously loved this post and I am amazed at your faith and understanding of the Lords hand in your lives. Your whole family is in our thoughts and prayers.