There was lots of swimming at the river, making sand castles and floating ( my favorite).
I love this dirty face.
While at our camp we did a lot of relaxing (in theory, not actually).
Madison and her yummy smores.
The kids were pretty excited to sport their shirts on the 4th.
Landon did not share the posing enthusiasm.
On the 4th we headed down to Arnold for the parade. We are use to the parade in Modesto where we are scorched to death with heat, this was a nice change of pace. The kids really enjoyed it. So did the grown ups, once we were there.
Landon enjoying his view from the top.
The whole family enjoying the hammock.
Saturday after our yummy BBQ dinner we decorated cupcakes and cake for the 4th of July. The girls invited our neighbors Cheyenne and Patrick to come join them.
Landon did not participate in this, he was getting ready for bed.
Hannah and Patrick (Patrick's dad referes to him as Hannah's future ex-husband).
This cake was AMAZING. Why is it that food always taste better when you're camping?
Afterwards we enjoyed our camp fire.
My dad built this camp fire himself, it's pretty huge and has many built in amenities, like the high ledge you can lay on, or the space below where you can get super close to the fire when it's freezing.
Uncle Jeremy brought some sparklers for the kiddos to finish the day off. They enjoyed them.
Grace and Papa Steve before she heads off to bed.
Happy Madison....it was her first time camping!
Hannah and her buddy Gramma Jenn, Jenn and Hannah have some kind of "understanding" and get along very well. Let us know the secret!!
Papa and the girls.
This is the gulley right below our camp site (this is the view from our deck). This is where we would send the kids in the morning to play. They formed a club "The Pirates of Responsibility"...don't ask I have no idea where the name came. They searched for treasures and hid them, except for the "Shoe Horse" aka Horse Shoe, which they toted everywhere they went. Ahhh, to be a kid again.
Right before it's time to head home.
I have been camping up here since I was a baby, my dad has been up here since he was a kid. About 10 years ago, my dad got his own sight and has worked on building it from the dirt up. The place is amazing and beautiful. There is no other place like it, I feel such peace and happiness when I am here. I have so many fond memories of spending time here as a child and LOVE that my kids get to go and make their own memories. The last night after showers Hannah said, "Mom I love it here, I wish we lived here". That pretty much sums it up! Thanks Dad and Jenn for giving up a peaceful weekend to share it with US.



1 comment:
looks like you had a great time. I have given up on my blog,takes to long for me to up load and write, but I will always check yours.....still looking for OUR camping trip...I will send you some pics, I have some cute ones that HANNAH took.......
Post a Comment