Sunday, July 26, 2009

Coloma Trip #2

This weekend we went camping at Coloma with our friends the Davidsons. We rented a fun bunk house that sleeps like 20 people. My Aunts were staying in a fifth wheel there as well. We had SO much FUN I think it will need to be an annual event. Warning: There are lots of pictures!

This is the camping crew in front of our bunk house. They use these for 6th grade camp during the school year.

The Davidsons arrived early Saturday morning just in time for the scavenger hunt. None of the kiddos wanted to participate (why not I ask?!?!), luckily Lisa and I FORCED them to. If they completed it they got tickets for the ice cream social.


All of the items were things that they could find outside....




Hannah and Jessica wore their bike helmets throughout the entire thing, it really adds to the pictures.

Lisa was pretty into the hunt.... I think she was re-living her childhood.



Our girls and.... SPECIAL BABY. Seriously I don't even realize that she actually is EVERYWHERE!

Turning in the goods and getting them checked off.


After the hunt we headed to the pool for some swimming.

Thank goodness Jess is a solid swimmer....




After swim time we went back and played...

I got to try out the uni-cycle. Sorry about your shins Lisa. This is much harder than it looks, especially if you are not a balanced person, which apparently I am NOT.


After our yummy dinner we went to have ice cream and listen to the music that was being played.




We're a goofy bunch.

The kids had fun "dancing" on the grass.



The girls took turn taking pics with my camera, they are very interesting pics.







I love this one that H took.


Guess who took this one?

Nice shots G...


Last ditch effort to wear them out before bed.



The boys going to sleep. Actually Ryan going to sleep, Landon decided to get up and catch up on his People magazine instead of sleep. You would think he was tired after getting up at 4:30 am INSISTING to go home, it was pretty sad, until I realized he WAS NOT going back to bed at which point it was irritating.

The girls...again in bed, but apparently not ready to sleep. I had this great idea when the bunk would not settle down. We walked in and I yelled at Lisa's kids and she yelled at MINE! Brilliant! They didn't even know what to say, for a moment there was silence.



After the kids went to "sleep", Ryan found the lights to this little arena area right outside our cabin. We played Blongo until the Davidson's quit, due to injury (losing).


We were really roughing it. We had to run the extension cord ALL the way outside to be able to watch a movie on the computer.

In the morning Lisa and I were in charge of breakfast. We made smores, which I don't know if you can see but I even burned that too. Jordan told Lisa that he wished his friends were here so they could see how awesome his mom was...isn't that cute!




The kids put on a "show" after breakfast.
After more playing and lunch it was time to head home. Landon was pretty excited to finally get his wish.

We had so much fun camping with our friends and family. We have been coming to this spot since Hannah was a year and a half and have created so many memories....mostly all good. Thanks Davidsons for sharing in our fun.... we hope you're in for next year.

2 comments:

Lisa said...

wow! Good times with the Underwoods. And the smores was all you my friend so you are the coolest ever! We're in next year!

The Aussie and the Owl said...

That looks fun even the second time around. It was great that kidos had each other to play with. Loved searching for Hannah's baby doll in every pic :)