Friday, July 10, 2009

Camping at Lake Alpine

Two weeks ago we went camping with the Smith family at Lake Alpine. We wanted to try some place new and none of us have been,so we packed up and headed out. We had a lot of fun, the Smith's trailed Rick's sailboat which Scott loves to take out. He took turn taking the kids out on the lake which they LOVE. Fun quality time with daddy.



Landon is daddy's sailing buddy, he shouts out "Tack" whenever scott moves the....I don't actually know what it's called, Landon knows more than I do, but you get the idea.




Little Lilly was one tired girl....here's a pic of her enjoying the water.


Hannah loves to explore, she and Caden found this old log to balance on.




Gracie enjoyed sticking to the shore chasing butterflys and catching Lady Bugs.


The fish had layed SO many eggs and their were baby fish everywhere....kinda gross if you ask me. I think I have PTSD from snorkling with the fish on our honeymoon, thanks babe.


Me and my girls.


And my boy.


Over at the lake they had a reptile exhibt (again pretty gross). I try really hard not to show my adversion so the kids can try things and not be frightened. Apparently it worked because they all enjoyed touching and holding these little creatures....they did not get that from me.




I love that Grace is staring at the lady and NOT the snake!

All those that weren't allowed out of their cages.




Beautiful Lake Alpine




Grace and Rylie brougt these little WHITE dogs with them, needless to say they were not white when they went home.


I brought Cherries to the beach for a little snack, they turned out to be a Little MESSY,but Yummy .

Landon chompin on the seeds, good thing his permenant teeth aren't in yet!




Too many?






G and Ry coloring


Caden brought this really cool electric bug sucker up thing, Landon found other uses, like sucking his ear.


And trying to suck up their poor dog.


Me and the hubby

More bugs....

I love this picture of Lilly's eye.

Landon loving on Lilly


Enjoying the campfire, we had fun telling stories, one person would start and we would all add, it gets a little CRAZY when there are 4 and 5 year olds adding to the story....pretty random.


Grace's silly eyes


All the cute cousins.
Thanks Smiths for a fun weekend! We can't wait to do it again....where to next?

4 comments:

Lorilee said...

Looks like such a fun trip. I love the pic of you on the log with your kiddos. BTW, it sure looked like your kids were lovin the lizard, and it just so happens that I have one that you can have. FOR FREE!!!!!! His name is Pedro and he would LOVE to live at the Uwoods.

The Smith Family said...

you are such a great Blogger!!! Mine would have said "camping, sun, boat and fun with fam." yours tells a wonderful story about our trip!!! your pictures are great!! hopefully we can relive the crazyness at the end of the month!!

mistyb said...

i have always been jealous of all the fun camping trips you guys go on! looks like a blast! can't believe how big your kiddos are getting! Ryan saw your comment and said he knows Scott's friend, they are in the same battalion but not the same company (i think those were the groups he said, really the army has too many) really is a small world!

Jess said...

Landon looks like he could have been a vampire in a previous life in the cherry pics! Yum cherries! Even the vampire pics made my mouth water! You guys always have so much fun!