I'm IN LOVE with this guy :)
Mr. Potato was pretty awesome
The longer we waited, the CRAZIER they got
This was one of the best rides, 3D carnival style with You Got a Friend in Me playing the whole time. Clearly I was the only one who cried...it was a feel good moment, what can I say?
So Disney, as awesome and Genius as they are, thoughtfully made it so that you had to exit the ride by going THROUGH the gift shop. THANKS. Landon's eyes LIT up as he found the bucket full of little green aliens and insisted that they were his "favorite". "Sorry bud, not now"...."BUT THEY"RE MY FAVORITE"!! And here comes the 1.5 hour tantrum. Dragging the kid out of the store against his will only to put him down and have him run back inside. Buckle him in the stroller, he just gets out. I wasn't really sure what else to do, so I started taking pics. I had to put the camera down when he started running at full speed toward the displays with the stroller.
Approximately 45 mins later...still tantruming. So Scott says, "I'm not putting you down until you stop crying". What does Landon do next? Wait for it.....
What kid does that? Apparently ours. I told Landon he better watch our because CPS doesn't come to Disneyland. The best part I offered to go buy Scott a shirt, as his was now soiled. Nope, he would rather wear a peed shirt than Disney....Suit yourself.
This would be the low moment. Even though it was pretty ugly, I must say that I was impressed that he held it together for three days before getting to this point.
For lunch we headed back to Disneyland where we polished our food off with some ice cream sundaes. Although I despise this picture of me, I love Landon's eyes!
One of my favorites, Its a Small World
They even updated it adding a few new characters
Right as we walked out another parade was starting, I totally want to work at Disney and be in one of their parades.
Tea Cups with the girls
So after tea cups more meltdowns continued and we decided Landon and I needed a nap. We trekked back to our hotel and snuggled in the most fabulous bed on Earth while the rest of the fam kept truckin along. Such troopers, they got Disney drivers licenses...pretty scary!
They hit up the Buzz Light Year ride, pretty sad Landon missed this.
After a fantastic nap we headed back to Disney to meet up with the family. We pretty much wore Rick out, so he headed home to bed and we hit up one of the last rides, Pirates of the Caribean.
The kids loved it, Landon was pretty scared but in the end wanted to do it again. Sadly we left our strollers unattended and when we came back we realized one had been taken. It was the one with all of the kid's autograph books. They were SO bummed. We went to City Hall and let them know the books were gone. They took down all of our info and said that if they were found they would mail them. Clearly we did not hold our breath. However, about a week later Disney sent a package to each of the kids, with postcards that said they heard they got lost and the Disney friends wanted to replace them. They each got a book, complete with all the autographs and a signed 8x10 of the characters. Disney YOU ROCK! The kids were SOOOO thrilled!
Everyone was so AWESOME. We stayed at the park till 1130, no complaining. By the time we got back to our hotel Hannah was so tired she was sick. It was such a great vacation. We are so blessed to have such an amazing family who we LOVE to spend time with.
Since returning home from the Happiest Place on Earth, life has gotten crazy and feels like it is unravelling. We now refer to these past few months as "pre Disneyland" and "post Disneyland". I am so grateful that we were able to get away when we did, as it doesn't appear that we will get a chance anytime in the near future. When things are rough I think of these smiling faces and how much fun we had an I instantly smile. I LOVE you guys SO much, Thanks for a memorable trip!



1 comment:
Can't get over the fact that Landon peed on Scott. Way to hold it together you guys - I would have cried! Mike and I are heading to Disney this weekend, hopefully no one pies on him ;)
Post a Comment